Clearly, it's a no-brainer that content marketing and social media engagement are staples for digital marketers, but there's a lot more to getting your site ranked #1 on Google. It's essential to make sure you have backlinks pointing to your site from other reputable sources in order to attract organic traffic. Content Marketing Institute states that "Link building is the most important SEO tactic." A website with strong domain authority will rank higher than those sites with less credibility. This means companies need to invest time and energy into generating as many high quality links as they can in order to gain visibility on SERP's.
Domain Authority is one of the most important ranking factors for search engine optimization. It's a measure of how strong your site is in terms of links and its authority. The higher your Domain Authority, the more likely you are to rank well on SERP's.
Domain Authority is a score that comes from Moz which measures the strength and trustworthiness of individual domains based on link profile, page-level metrics, social shares, etcetera. There are two types: domain authority (DA) and page authority (PA). PA scores can be either high or low depending on what type of site it belongs to while DA scores range from 1-100 with 100 being best possible score...
Since the link and content strategy is the cornerstone of every successful online marketing campaign, Domain Authority has played a critical role in the success of many companies. For example, as Search Engine Journal's article states that "A site with high domain authority gains more organic traffic than other sites on page one of SERP" . Sites with lower domain authority have a hard time ranking on the first page of search results.
There are three ways you can calculate your Domain Authority - Moz Link Research, Ahrefs, and SEMrush. A simple search on Google with the following keywords will get you to the correct tool:
Moz DA - "your domain" Ahrefs DA - "your domain" SEMrush DA - "your domain"
4) What is Page Authority?
Page Authority or PA, is one of the most important factors that'll determine your site
The extremely useful tool (Mozbar) measures metrics including Page Authority, Linkscape Link Equity and Domain Authority - all three measurements are taken into account when it comes to ranking on SERP's. This will help you understand where your content ranks compared to competitor's sites with similar authority.
The third way is to use this online tool (https://moz.com/researchtools/#domauthority ) which calculates the DA score of your website.
To optimize domain authority, you need quality content and strong links from other sites. This will help boost your search rankings and build trust with Google. There are two ways to improve Domain Authority:
Backlinks and internal links.
Backlinks can be defined as links to your website from another site. These are highly influential and you want as many as possible in order to rank higher on SERP's . Backlinks come from:
· Guest blogging
· Link roundups
· Web 2.0 properties (WordPress, Tumblr, etc)
Internal links, on the other hand, are hyperlinks that point to another "page" on your same site. It's best to have relevant internal links with keyword-rich anchor text pointing to high DA sites as this will give you a boost in DA and visibility on SERP's.
Summary: Domain Authority is an important ranking factor for search engines, so it's essential to make sure you have backlinks pointing to your site from other reputable sources in order to attract organic traffic. To optimize Domain Authority you need quality content and strong links from other sites.
At the end of the day, you want to help increase your visibility on SERPs. In order to do so:
1) Start blogging. Blogging is a great way to generate backlinks and drive traffic to your site. Your articles should link out to sites related to the topic of your post. This will help with domain authority and visibility on search engine results pages.
2) Create high-quality content that people would actually want to read, and that other people are interested in. Guest blogging is another way that you can get high-quality backlinks from niche-relevant websites.
3) Add internal links within your site as well as linking out to other sites or resources related to the topic of your post. Internal links are hyperlinks that point to a page on your own site, and they're easy to create by adding a relevant anchor text.
4) Submit your site directly to blog roundups or reach out to peers in the industry who might be able to help you get on there. Web 2.0 properties are another great way to generate backlinks as they have lots of user-generated content which is easy to submit your backlinks or links from guest posts. Web 2.0 properties usually have a natural link in the author bio which is another great way to attract link-building traffic and increase domain authority.
If you want to improve your domain authority, create high-quality content that people would actually want to read. Try guest blogging on niche relevant websites or reaching out to industry experts who might be able to help you get on their blog roundups and web 2.0 properties which are user-generated sites with lots of content for easy backlinking opportunities. Your goal is helping increase visibility on SERPs so make sure you're building quality links from reputable sources in order to attract organic traffic by using the tips we've discussed today! Now get out there and make your domain authority soar!